This passion became even more important in the aftermath of the 2010 earthquake. After the disaster we won the bid to reinforce the Cathedral of St. John Baptist, Miragoane, which was built in 1884 and had been severely damaged during the quake. Our challenge was to stabilize the church to avoid further damage while simultaneously providing increased structural upgrades with the anticipation that we’d make the cathedral able to withstand magnitude 7-8 earthquakes.
Since 2006, our portfolio of projects show the various technical and building capabilities of YCF as well as the ability to work in adverse conditions. We have demonstrated our professional work in residential, commercial, high security, and renovation construction projects in Haiti.
- Construction Services: we provide logistical and planning services for all stages of the construction cycle and seek to expand on local talent.
– Providing materials, labor, equipment and services
– Subcontracting with various trade and speciality contractors
– Applying for amor assisting in the application process for building and occupancy permits
– Monitoring schedule and cash flow
– Maintaining accurate records
– Ensuring a safe and secure project site
- Logistics and Site Support: we have been actively working in the local market since 2006 and have developed expertise in local logistical approaches that ensure projects remain on-budget and within the agreed time frame.
Every construction is unique in scope, but the same process is systemically applied to each construction project.
We seek to get involved early in the design phase so that we can manage the project more efficiently, provide effective building solutions, and identify challenges early on to mitigate design changes after the construction begins.
This involves detailed pre-construction planning which is essential to the success and on-time completion of a project. We value this approach since it gives the client and construction team an efficient pathway in the bidding process, construction phase, and through the completion of the project.